Tuesday, November 16, 2010

11 Questions - Part 2

     I'm writing this looking out at the wonderful big maple tree that shades part of our deck and one side of our house. This tree is one active nature factory. Its budding and seeding and leafing work goes on year 'round, producing shade,  some great late fall yellow color, and beaucoup leaves that demand attention as they are the last leaves to fall as winter heads toward us. The leaves eventually end up at our recycling center where they get mixed in with other yard debris to make free community mulch for next year.  As I typed that last sentence, about a hundred of the yellow leaves made their way to the ground. Just beautiful, and full of truth about life, loss, change and renewal. Thanks are in order
     We're continuing a two-part discussion on open-ended questions that might evoke some of our deepest principles, values and outlooks, in another word, our spirituality. I've already received some really interesting responses to the first set. Please feel free to add your answers and reactions. I'd love to see if these questions move you. They moved me, and have helped me and others get to that place inside us where spirit and power live.
    
     6. What quality do people admire in you? Do you see the same?
     7.  When you see a sunrise or sunset or a similar beauty in the natural world, what happens inside you?
     8. What does it mean for you to Do the Right Thing?
     9.  Where in your body do trouble and challenge make themselves felt? Can you describe the sensations?
    10.  What sources of guidance, inspiration or consolation have been important to you over the years? And now.....?
    11. What's been the most important event of your life?
    Bonus question: what sayings do you regularly use? (Examples: "It is what it is," "life goes on," "Everything happens for a reason," and "Living well is the best revenge!")

     There's a Sting song, "Love is the Seventh Wave," that resonates for me especially in the tag line, "There is a deeper wave than this," and that's the wave of the title. What if love (or Love) were at the heart of it all? What difference would that make to me? to the world?

     I think what I'm getting at is that my meaning, my spirituality is found inside my life, not outside of it....... I just need to look, ask my own questions, and share other's answers as well as my own.
    
     Life speaks.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment